The Rob Guest Endowment Technical Award
The Rob Guest Endowment Technical Award in honour of Sue Nattrass is a $5,000 cash prize donated by Foundation Theatres. The award is intended to help a member of a technical department in theatre gain the contacts, tuition and experience needed to help them become a leader in their field.
This award is open to applicants between 18 and 30 years of age, who work in technical fields including, but not limited to, fly, automation, mechanics, sound, lighting, projection, props, wigs and wardrobe. All level of experience are eligible, from student through to Head of Department, with applicants needing to show how the funds would help them further their career.
The Rob Guest Endowment Technical Award in honour of Sue Nattrass is a prize donated by Foundation Theatres. Foundation Theatres is an Australian family owned and operated organisation. Their venues are two of Sydney’s premier theatres: the Capitol Theatre and Sydney Lyric. Owners Stephen and Angela Found, and all who work alongside them, share a passion for the performing arts industry and those that work within it. They hope that this award will help continue to encourage those technicians who make live theatre possible.
Applications for the 2018 Awards are now closed.
Additional queries from registered applicants should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be aged between 18-30 at 1st November 2018.
- Applicants may be a member of any technical field required for the production of theatre works.
- Tertiary training is preferable, but not essential. Applicants will be assessed by written application and references, including tertiary tutors where applicable.
- Professional experience or a current position in a professional show will not exclude any applicants from applying.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen.
|Applications Open:||Wednesday 25th July 2018|
|Application Close:||Midnight, Monday 22nd October 2018|
|Finals:||Monday 19th November 2018|
The 2018 judging panel will consist of three of Musical Theatre’s leading technical experts. Throughout the judging process, the judges will review contestants on the below criteria.
The judges will award the prize to an exceptionally talented member from any one of the technical fields, who will benefit from the opportunity to train further, build networks with experienced professionals, and to actively contribute to the industry in a positive way.
Applicants will be judged on the following aspects through the application process:
- Technical strength through training and/or experience
- A clear vision of how they could develop further, and an ability to communicate those ideas
- Suitability of their character for musical theatre work
- Employment potential
- Suitability of being an award winner, and therefore representative of the Rob Guest Endowment
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for further details of the competition and award.
The judges for the 2018 award will be announced in due course.