Rob Guest Endowment Award
The Rob Guest Endowment is one of Australia’s most exciting scholarship programs providing financial assistance and industry support to the next generation of musical theatre stars, creators and musicians.
The 2016 prize pool will see more than $30,000 distributed to the theatre performers. Out of the hundreds of performers that apply, six bright young stars will be selected to showcase their talents at our Rob Guest Endowment Concert before the scholarship winners are chosen.
Applications for the 2016 Awards are now closed.
Additional queries from registered applicants should be sent to email@example.com
The Rob Guest Endowment Award is a $20,000 cash prize to be used for professional development.
Of the five remaining finalists, one will be awarded Melbourne’s East End Theatre District Artist Development Award, a $5,000 cash prize for further training and development. This award is fully funded by the Melbourne’s East End Theatre District, an initiative of Mr Mike Walsh and the Marriner family.
The remaining four finalists will each receive a $1,500 cash prize to be used for professional development.
Additionally, The Playbill Future Prospect Award will be awarded to a semi-finalist who didn’t make the finals but is of sufficient interest to the judges to encourage them to return next year. This is a $1,500 cash prize kindly donated by Playbill.
- Applicants must be aged between 18-30 at 1st November 2016.
- Professional experience or a current position in a professional show will not exclude performers from applying. However any individual who has been contracted in a ‘star’ role as defined by the PCA will not be eligible.
- The performance must include a vocal element but dramatic or dance elements are welcomed.
- Agent representation is not required to apply for the competition.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen.
Application and Competition Process
- Fill in the application on the Rob Guest Endowment website by 1st August 2016
- Live auditions will be held in Sydney on the 22nd August 2016
- Live auditions will be held in Melbourne on the 29th August 2016
- Semi Finals will be held in Sydney on the 19th September 2016
- Six finalists will be chosen to compete in a gala concert to be held in Sydney later in 2016.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for further details of the competition and award.
- The 2016 judging panel will consist of an array of leading industry professionals. The judges will award the prizes to versatile performers of exceptional talent who will benefit from the opportunity to train further, and be able to actively contribute to the industry in a positive way.
- They will be judged on the following aspects:
- Technical strength in the areas of voice, acting and movement
- A clear vision of future direction as an artist
- Employment potential and suitability of being a representative of the Rob Guest Endowment.
The judges for the 2016 award will be announced in due course.
Applications open the 4th July 2016 and close the 1st August 2016
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.