The Rob Guest Endowment Musician Award
The Rob Guest Endowment Musician Award is for the encouragement of a young musician in the musical theatre industry. This award is intended to help a current musician in the theatre genre fund the tuition and experience needed to help them become a leading artist in their field.
The award is a $5,000 cash prize to be used for professional development. This award is fully funded by the Rob Guest Endowment.
Applications for the 2018 Awards are now closed.
Additional queries from registered applicants should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be aged between 18-30 at 1st November 2018.
- Applicants may be an instrumentalist only, or instrumentalist/conductor.
- Tertiary musical training is preferable, but not essential. Applicants will be assessed by written application and references, including tertiary tutors where applicable.
- Professional experience or a current position in a professional show will not exclude musicians from applying.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen.
|Applications Open:||Wednesday 25th July 2018|
|Application Close:||Midnight, Monday 22nd October 2018|
|Finals:||Monday 19th November 2018|
The 2018 judging panel will consist of three of Musical Theatre’s leading musicians. Throughout the judging process, the judges will review contestants on the below criteria.
The judges will award the prize to a musician of exceptional talent who will benefit from the opportunity to train further, build networks with experienced professionals, and to actively contribute to the industry in a positive way.
Applicants will be judged on the following aspects through the application process:
- Technical strength through training and/or experience
- A clear vision of how they could develop further, and an ability to communicate those ideas
- Suitability of their character for musical theatre orchestral and rehearsal work
- Employment potential
- Suitability of being an award winner, and therefore representative of the Rob Guest Endowment
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for further details of the competition and award.
The judges for the 2018 award will be announced in due course.